01 March 2009

27 February 2009

Hey, it's me! It's my first real P-day, so I'm able to finally set up an email account, but I only have 30 minutes (yes, it will lock me out if I'm on for longer). I was going to write and let you know some good news, but this will be much quicker: I GOT MY VISA! In fact, my whole district got their visas, including Elders LeBaron and Livengood, who have been waiting two weeks and three weeks, repectively.

This means I get to have a five-minute call with you! I will be calling at about 5:45 PM this Sunday, so I'd appreciate it if everyone could be home. I will be leaving for Brazil on Tuesday morning, and I get to call you as much as I want from the airports, and I will be traveling all day, so I'll give you more info on that when I call on Sunday. I won't be able to check email until my next p-day, so if the Sunday call time won't work for you, please send me a Dear Elder before noon tomorrow. The elders that will be going to Brazil on the same flights as me are Elders Cox, Arroyo, Young, Mitchell, and LeBaron.

Other than the visa miracle, things have been going great. I love getting letters from you and hearing about things that are going on at home. Things have been great here. I'm learning the language: Bom dia!

Somehow, somebody found out I play the piano, so I've been asked to play for Sacrament and Priesthood Meeting this Sunday before I leave Provo. The firesides and devotionals here are amazing. No general authorities yet, which probably means never, but I'm okay with that.

How are things going with the blog? Have you put any of my letters up yet? I love the work I'm doing here, and I know it's the Lord's work.

I got to go to the Provo Temple earlier today with my branch. It was awesome getting to go through a different temple. It was my first experience staying in one room the whole time.

I've got ten minutes left, and I'm not sure what to write. Keep missionties.com in mind when you want to write me in Brazil. I know it will make Dear Elder look like a luxury, but I think it's the next best thing to use besides email (and I only get to check that once a week).

It has been really interesting and challenging being called as a district leader in the MTC. I have the conduct all the disctrict meetings and lead by example. I think the hardest part about it is reminding people about the rules while not acting like a parent. I have been praying hard for guidance and direction, and going to the House of the Lord really helped. I think I do pretty good at keeping the rules. They are a little different here at the MTC than in the mission field, but they are good. It was a little akward being called as a DL because the day after my call, Elders Livengood and LeBaron were moved to our district because everyone else in their districts had received their visas, and they had been in the MTC for one and two weeks, repectively. They are a great example for the district, and I think they are really helping out some of our "down" missionaries.

My companion, Elder Kariya, is great. He is going to the Brazil Sao Paulo mission. He will be leaving here and little after me, so I am not sure if we will still be companions in the Brazil MTC.

Eu sei que o livro de mormon é verdadeiro e que Jesus Cristo vive. Se amo. Em nome de Jesus Cristo, amém.

1 comment:

  1. Parabens Elder. Viaje bem para Brasil! Congratulations Elder, Have a good trip to Brazil.

    ReplyDelete