14 March 2009

4 March 2009

Hi Everyone,
I am sorry I didn't call in the wee hours of the morning like I said I would. The phones down here in Brazil are a real pain to mess with. I found out Brazil time where I will be for the next two years is actually six hours ahead of PDT. I don't know if they observe Daylight Savings Time. I still would have called about 2am or 3am because our flight was delayed 1 1/2 hours after everyone had boarded. Staying in a plane for twelve hours is not my idea of fun.
However, I am loving it down here in Brazil. It is now 9:00pm and a humid 88 degrees F. in my room. My new companion is Elder Pond, who was in another district in Provo for the last two weeks. Elder Kariya should now be in the middle of the international flight along with the other half of my old district.
I absolutely love it here. The MTC (or CTM, in Portuguese) is much smaller than the one in Provo, and the rules are much less strict. The CTM provides much less service than the MTC, so we are allowed on our P-Day to go about the surrounding neighborhoods including Mr. Cheney's Cookies. My Preparation Day will be either Tuesday or Wednesday, so I will not be able to email until then.
I still miss you all, and I think of you everyday. I know the Lord has blessed me to come to Brazil. I know this is His Gospel, His Church, and His Work. My purpose is to "convidar as pessoas a achegarem-se a Christo, ajudondo-as a receber o evangelho restaurado por meio da fe em Jusus Christo e em sua expiacao, de arrepentimento, de baptismo, de se receler o dom do Espirito Santo e de perseverar ate o fin." (Corrections were made on the spot, :))

My Love to All,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment