20 May 2009

20 May 2009

I hope you all know it is difficult to start off writing emails here in the mission field because I never know what to say. I know what I want to include when I begin, but I never know how to start. I will do my best. . . .

First off, I got all three copies of your letter, Dad: the email and the two letters. Regardless of what address you typed in at MissionTies.com, both the letters arrived with the same address printed on the front. I will share that with you now:

Elder Daniel Wells Floyd
Av. Sebastião Camargo Ribas #906 AP:1
Guarapuava-PR
85055-000 BRAZIL

Also, I should be getting all the letters you sent to the mission office during our Zone Conference tomorrow. I look forward to reading them!

Well, we had TWO baptisms this last Saturday: Fernando and Daniele. Also we have TWO tonight, and TWO firm baptisms planned for next Wednesday. Missionary Work is more exciting than I thought it would be. Fernando, Daniele, Rosane, Andressa, Cezar, and Paulo are really great people. I will send photos when I can.

Speaking of photos, I have not yet made a picture CD, but we found a shop where I can get one made. I'm using a lot of time today to snap photos of the apartment, city, missionaries, and other things, so hopefully next week I will get a picture CD sent off. I will also try to buy a USB cable for my camera so that I can send some low-quality stuff.

As I said, we are having a Zone Conference tomorrow, and I am really excited. It takes up a whole day and it's two hours away, so it should be a lot of fun.

Elder Cacio and I are getting along great and are having a good time here in Guarapuava. Now that all the members know that I can make cookies, they all want to invite me over to make some. I have to remind them that I'm a missionary! But next week we'll be making cookies with a sister and her husband in the branch. Speaking of which, I was hoping you could ask the Bishop a question for me. I've got this little recipe down that makes fatastic cookies, but I want his permission before I share it with anybody. You know me: render unto Casaer that which is Casaer's.

I hope all is well at home. I look forward to reading all of your "old" letters. Please know that whatever you are feeding the missionaries there is working. We almost never have a lunch fall through, and our fridge is stocked to the brim with food from the members here. I pray that the Lord is blessing you all in Santa Maria and that the "Gripe Porco" hasn't got you down!

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment